Events coming up!! Join First Lutheran at the following events!
We would love to see a great turnout for everything we have coming up on our calendar. Please see the events and dates below.
Not able to make it to the actual events…
We have lots of planning to do for our events in October, November, and December. Please call our church office to see how you can help out! Supplies and donations are needed, but so is your time! Volunteer before or during our events.
November 24 – Toy Sale
A great annual church community event. During these difficult economic times, many families may find it a struggle to provide toys for their children at Christmas. First Lutheran would like to meet this need by providing gently used toys at a very affordable cost. This is an opportunity to donate items or shop for items. This is the perfect time to go through your basement, attic, and closets, donate outgrown, unwanted, gently loved toys, and make Christmas merrier for someone else. Tax deduction slips will be available for all donations. Toys may be left in boxes marked toys. Anyone interested in helping prepare the toys for the sale, helping the day of the sale, to arrange pick-up, or with questions contact the church office. All proceeds will go into the Children’s Fund at First Lutheran School which helps offset tuition costs for families in need.Gently used toys, games, and more are available in our fellowship hall. Have items to donate, please call our office. Know a family in need this Christmas season, come and see what we have to offer!
December – Advent Series Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
We will be celebrating this advent season on Wednesday evenings. Worship with us at Christmas Eve service. Join us for worship leading up to Christmas.
- December 5th at 6:30 p.m. In The Light, Isaiah reveals insights about Christ, who came to lighten our dark world of sin with his love. (Isaiah 2:1-5)
- December 12th at 6:30 p.m. The gifts of The Spirit that Isaiah tells us about are better than any earthly gifts we might receive. (Isaiah 11:1-10)
- December 19th at 6:30 p.m. As we travel on The Journey of Advent, Isaiah assures us that we will be blessed and strengthened by our Lord. (Isaiah 35:1-10)
- December 24th Christmas Eve at 6:30 p.m. We will be renewed in The Wait, Isaiah explains, which we experience as we prepare for Christ. (Isaiah 64:1-9)
- December 25th Christmas Day 10:00 a.m. Isaiah helps us welcome with joy The Child who is born to save us and lead us. (Isaiah 7:10-17)